Thursday, August 29, 2013

a few things i'd like to do





From what I gather, my mom has no regrets. She doesn't say "I wish I had..." She doesn't seem to feel as though she's missed out on life. I'm grateful for that.

The following is not a list to be checked off so that I rest peacefully. The list is to help me focus, to maintain a sense of wonder, and to inspire and motivate me. Inspired by Maggie of Mighty Girl. See her Life List here.


Visit an English bluebell wood
Fly a plane
Live off the land
Ride a motorcycle
Fly a helicopter
Write a book (and publish it)
Learn yoga
Make a living doing something I love
Dinner at a top 50 restaurant
Go back to Ireland (and attend the Cape Clear Storytelling Festival)
Scan Cape Clear guide and publish online (9/17/13, the idea was that this guide not be lost forever, but the copyright owners told me they plan on continuing to publish. hurrah!)
Make exercise a part of my daily life
Buy a house
Sell a house
See the Grand Canyon
Climb a mountain (...ish)
Feel sexy and confident again
Fish for dinner
See the redwoods
Learn to whistle
Bedside peonies
See the Aurora Borealis
Live debt-free
Build a house
Be conversational in five languages, English excluded: 1. Arabic, 2. Turkish, 3. French, 4. Farsi, 5. ?
Create a piece of Arabic calligraphy
Memorize five poems or speeches: 1. Renascence, 2. Romance Sonambulo, 3. 4. 5.
Be there for B and R
Finish my MA
Get a PhD...?
Fall in love again
Re-visit printmaking (10/26/13 I've been working on a few calligraphy linocuts)
Ride in a seaplane
Visit Iran
Rock red hair
Really learn to play chess 
Read more for pleasure
Finish an oil painting
Take B and R to the Aya Sofya
Stop buying bottled water (10/26/13 I've been using the awesome Life Factory glass bottle my dad bought me the last time I visited)
Visit Patagonia
Do something special for A
Learn how to keep in touch with people
Start making books again
Do anything for PTSD vets
Adopt a german sheperd rescue



Image: bluebells in England


No comments:

Post a Comment